PERTH BIKE FIT
Adrian Spinelli is an experienced physiotherapist that assists cyclists from recreational to elite level across various forms of cycle sport. Adrian is a supporter of evidence-based medicine with interests in cycling position, athlete recovery, injury prevention and rehabilitation, and physical screening including the use of manipulative physiotherapy and stabilizing exercise. Adrian has assisted members of Orica-Scott, Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka, Trek-Segafredo, Cannondale-Drapac, IsoWhey Sports Swisswellness, Cycling Australia’s High Performance Track Program, Jayco-AIS World Tour Academy, Mountain Bike Australia’s XCO National Series and members of teams at Pro Continental and Continental UCI level. Adrian has previous experience and training using a range of bike fitting methods undergoing previous training in Australia, Europe and the US.
Despite the low impact nature of cycling, positioning is an important factor in preventing and managing injury. Comfortable positioning is also important in influencing pedaling efficiency, fatigue and performance.
Applecross Physio – Perth Bike Fit Specialists
Time allocated for each bike fit session is 80 minutes for an individual bike. The bike fit process includes
- Physical screening and testing – range of physical tests and physical screening, discussion regarding current/previous injury. If necessary, motion capture may be used during physical tests.
- Motion capture up to 240 frames per second
- Use of direct drive indoor trainer
- Biomechanical analysis assisted by performance analysis software
- Use of adjustable dynamic stem for efficient reach/front end adjustment (stem length/angle) if required
- Pedal/cleat assessment, set up adjustment as needed
- UCI legal fit if required – TT/road/track
- Strength and conditioning or stabilizing exercise provision as needed
- Point to point measurements if required
+/- Observation session of riding position/style including cycling on the road/trail (case by case basis)
A 6 week follow-up period is allocated post session for feedback, advice, adjustments and follow up sessions as needed at no additional cost. It is our overriding goal to meet individual expectations and positional goals within each session. We recognise each position is individualised and may need adapting over time.
Health fund rebates are possible using HICAPS with physiotherapy health fund cover. For further information on Perth bike fit services please call Applecross Physiotherapy reception on 9316 1186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org